The New Monthly Running Challenge
- Everyone is welcome
- You don’t have to follow me on tumblr.
- You are competing with yourself to reach to goal distance
- The challenges are free
- You can run outdoors or on a treadmill or a mix of both
- You need to join the Nike+ service which is free. I recommend using the app via your smartphone as you can not view the challenges online.
- You dont need to use a fuelband or any extra gadgets.
- You can either use GPRS to log your runs or if you use a treadmill you can add it manually to your smartphone within the app. Include time, distance. This will add to your rolling score. You can not add manually through the website.
- After the challenge has begun I can not add you as Nike+ will not let me, but if you sign up I will add you to the next one
- Other runners will see your progress and will be able to compare themselves to you
- You can post pictures, join in group chat for each challenge.
- Once you reach the goal distance you will be told where you came compared to the other in the challenge. However the aim is to get to goal, not to get their first (unless you are competitive of course!)
How this will work
Add me to your Nike+ account - kitkatcupcake - by at the latest the day before the challenge starts - this will be the day I will extend the challenges. Once its begun I can not add you.
I will set up several challenges based on distance and will invite everyone on my friends list to join in every challenge, You then choose to accept of decline each / any challenge that suits your goal.
All challenges will run for a complete calendar month starting from the 1st of the Month
Bronze - 30 kilometres
Silver - 50 Kilometres
Gold - 100 Kilometres
Platinum - 150 Kilometres
Elite - 200 Kilometres
There is no prize except pride and bragging rights, This is just for fun.
Note: if theres any interest in additional weekly ones I may add those too
Guys I am going to set up the new challenges tomorrow evening UK time, so if you want to be involved add me. Everyone will be invited to all challenges and you can accept / decline whichever you wish
So doing these! Hey runeatsleepstudydream you were asking about running challenges, this might interest you?